Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Daddy's Mornings with His Girls

Here is a typical morning with Brynna and Kenzy:
-Brynna opens her door around 6:30 and walks down the hall to our room right up to our bed where I put my arms out and pull her into bed with us and hope she might sit still for a while (but that never happens)
-I then say "so do you want to go down stairs and watch Mickey Mouse?" She says yes and I pick her up and start walking down stairs while she says, "bye bye mommy," and as we walk by Kenzy's room she says, "Bitsy's uh sleepin?" and I tell her, "yes" and, "shhhhhh".
-I then set her on the couch and she pats the spot next to her telling me to sit next to her.
-I sit down and turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse as she snuggles next to me waiting for Mickey to start.
-Usually Kenzy is up by this time so I say to Brynna, "Daddy is going to go upstairs and get Bitsy and come right back down."
-She says ok and I grab a blanket and wrap her up.
-I then walk into Kenzy's room and no matter how upset she is she always gives me a big smile.
-Next I rush downstairs trying to get a bottle together as soon as possible before Kenzy explodes. (when she wants her bottle SHE WANTS HER BOTTLE!)
-Once Kenzy is eating I say to Brynna, "Do you want cereal?" and she says, "ya."
-So I pour Brynna a bowl and she climbs into her seat at the table while I pour a bowl for myself and sit next to her while we both watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
-I then hold Kenzy for a little while and put her in the bouncer.
-Next I get ready and say good-bye to Kathryn
-Now depending on the morning one of two things happens. I either grab my keys, give Kenzy a kiss and tell her I love her, then give Brynna a kiss and tell her I love her and she says "walove ooo too daddy" and I leave. Or once I grab my keys Brynna runs after me crying and says, "don't go daddy, don't go daddy." (The second scenario is the worst). If she is beyond upset I sit on the couch, snuggle with her, and watch a little more Mickey Mouse.


With very few exceptions this is how every morning goes. I would not trade my morning with my girls for anything in this world. I love my sweet little girls with all my heart and I would do anything to make then happy. They have me wrapped around their little fingers.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

That is SOO cute. I totally thought this was Kathryn talking so I got confused when it said I say good-bye to Kathryn. (It's late and I've had too much sugar.) :) You are so awesome Bryan! Those girls Kathryn included) are so lucky to have you in their lives.

Batistas said...

Sweet post Bryan! They are all lucky girls. Us women with awesome husbands are so lucky. Keep up the good work and you will always have a wonderful marriage. Love and miss you guys

kcskinner said...

That is so cool. You are an awesome dad. Brynna is so cute it was hard not to take her when she tried to climb in my car for the trip to Utah and become my little stow-a-way. Kenzy is cute also.