Tuesday, October 21, 2008

YES on 8


Proposition 8,
This is such a sensitive subject and I hope not to offend any one but I have such strong beliefs that I need to speak my mind. I truly believe that Marriage should be between a man and a woman. Not because I hate gays in any way. I simply know the effects it will take on our society. Some of those effects being: Children being taught about gays in schools. I want my child taught with my perspective because my morals are a lot different than main stream teaching. If schools are going to teach about morals they should be teaching higher morals instead they are teaching lower morals with less accountability.
Second, Adoption agencies being shut down for not adopting to gay people. Being a mother and seeing my daughter I realize how important it is to have a mother and a father. A child deserves that right.
In talking to people about this subject my husband came across a woman who claimed to be bi sexual. She informed us that even she would be voting YES on Prop 8 because she didn't want it to be taught in schools. Wow I was very impressed.
If Prop 8 passes gays will have all the same rights and nothing will change. If it does not pass then we will eventually have our rights taken away.

3 comments:

Clarissa and Darrin said...

I love that Brynna is out helping! Darrin and I donated today after getting the e-mail where the opposing side had a huge party at some really rich guys house in Hollywood. The opposing side is spending 7 million alone this week in advertisements. This week the Yes side will hope to raise some last minute money along with lots of sign holding. I am proud of you. I actually made calls because I said to myself if Kathryn can do it than so can I. Thanks!!

Karyn said...

Yeah sissy! This is so important I'm glad you are taking such an active role to show what you believe.

Jeff and Mandy said...

Amen Kathryn!