Monday, July 13, 2009

Kenzy

So I had Kenzy a week and half early.  My doctor was worried about the weight of the baby being too small so she had me coming in 2 times a week which was really annoying and I complained a bunch because I didn't feel like the visits were helping anything.  All they did was measure my water and made me count how many times she moves.  So I couldn't see how it was helping making my baby any bigger but anyways it was at that appointment when they were measuring my water that they said I didn't have enough amniotic fluid so they told me to walk over to the hospital to be induced.  I was sooo excited at first and when I started walking over there I started freaking out.  But all went well.  They started the platosin at 12:00 noon and I ended up having her at 8:13.  Labor was long but I only had to push twice so it wasn't bad.

right after Kenzy was born they handed her right to me and let me hold her forever.  It was awesome, with Brynna I felt like a got to hold her only after they had cleaned her off and it was only for a minute and then they took her away forever again.  
Brynna wanted my oxygen mask really bad
When they first handed her to me I got a little scared because she was soooo little!  But I felt better after they weighed her.




Brynna's big feet compared to Kenzy's tiny feet

I love seeing Bryan hold her.  He is such a good daddy


Kenzy leaving the hospital

Kenzy five days old

15 comments:

Naomi said...

She sure is a cutie! What does Brynna think of her?

Kathryn said...

Brynna loves her so far. She loves to hold her and kiss her. She gets mad when you take her away from Kenzy.

MEG said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU and KENZY are Beautiful! What a cute name! Love those little feet - GOOD JOB MOM AND DAD!

Karyn said...

I Love her so much already!! Love her stretched out fingers and her tiny little toes. Seriously I can't wait to meet her!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!
-Lindsey

Drew and Alicia said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! congrats you guys she is adorable. I can't wait to see her.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you two! How fun to have two sisters so close together! I miss you, i can't blieve how fast life happens! Congrats again! Your family is beautiful!

Kiersten said...

Oh she's so cute! I'm so happy for you!

Holly and Matthew said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is beautiful!! :) I am so glad everything ended up going well. :) I hope you are able to get some good rest. :)

Amber said...

She is so adorable. I would love to see you and those beautiful girls. Seeing these pictures makes me want another one. Love it! Congrats.

Liz said...

Ok, I found your blog through someone else's...hope you don't think I am a crazy stalker! Congrats Kathryn, she is so dang cute!!! She doesn't look swollen or red like some babies do-or like mine do. Hope you are feeling great. I want to bring you dinner so let me know when is a good time! Wishing you the best and if Brynna gets too cranky or fussy at home I would love to take her to the park or something. I am almost due but knowing my luck the baby will be 2 weeks late...take care!!!

Jeff and Mandy said...

Ok, so Kathryn how do you look so beautiful when you're in the hospital after just having a baby?? Kenzy is a lil beauty too!

jeffandkim said...

Yeah Kenzy! I'm so glad you found my blog! I love looking at friends blogs even if I see them frequently it's still fun to read about their families.

RussandHeidi said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting :) Brynna is so cute with her!! How is it being a mother of two?

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Congratulations!! I know that this is late in coming but I am so happy for you guys! You will have to give me all kinds of pointers about having two kids. I have no doubt you guys are pulling it off great though!